Monday, October 11, 2010

[FREE-FOOD] RAIN (Research on Algorithms for the Internet) Semina, Y2E2 Room 105, 12:30-1:30pm

Y2E2 Room 105, 12:30-1:30pm

Lunch will be served

Topic TBA

Daria Sorokina

I was a postdoctoral fellow in the Auton Lab in Carnegie Mellon
University in Jan 2009 - April 2010. In May 2010 I have started working
in a position of a relevance scientist in Yandex Labs, Palo Alto, CA. I
am still affiliated with CMU on a part-time basis.

My main area of research is data mining and machine learning algorithms,
and I am particularly interested in applications involving large real
world data sets.

I have graduated from Cornell University in 2008. My PhD thesis topic
concerned modeling additive structure and detecting statistical
interactions: we have developed new method for these problems - Additive
Groves of regression trees.
My other and previous research topics include ensembles, feature
importance evaluation, soft (fuzzy) decision trees, approximations of
spectral clustering and plagiarism detection.
--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
free-food-alert mailing list
free-food-alert@lists.stanford.edu
https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/free-food-alert

No comments: